Subject Re: [IBO] IB_Grid Column Titles etc.
Author Svein Erling Tysvær
At 23:27 02.02.2001 +1300, Russell wrote:
>1. How do I change the Title of a Column in a TIB_Grid?

You change your IB_Query parameters (FieldsGridLabel or
FieldsDisplayLabel). IBO is data driven, so there's nothing for you to
change on the TIB_Grid.

>2. What is TIB_Column.AttributeParams? The help file is obscure. "User
>defined column properties can be stored via this property" An example would
>be helpful.

I haven't got a clue, never needed them (I think).

>3. If by accident one uses a TIB_Cursor as the dataset for an TIB_Grid,
>instead of an TIB_Query, the program crashes without a helpful error
>message. I know the help file says to use an TIB_Query. However the
>TIB_Cursor and TIB_Query are easily mistaken for each other as they are next
>to each other on the palette and have almost the same image. An error
>message following the nil assignment in GetDBDataset in IBG_GridLink.pas
>would be helpful. And save some new users much time.

The important difference between IB_Cursor and IB_Query is that the cursor
is unidirectional. You normally want to be able to scroll both ways when
using a grid which makes IB_Cursor useless. While I agree that a useful
error message would be an advantage, I don't recall this causing me any
trouble in my early days as an IBO user.

HTH,
Set