Subject RE: [IBO] generator on post
Author Ales Kahanek
Lester wrote:
>I only use GeneratorLink. This does indead use up a number
>when creating the 'blank', which can not be 'returned' if
>you then cancel the record. I build the record before
>calling the insert, so only call insert IF I want to add the
>record.

It sounds interesting, but I cannot imagine, how you build the record before
calling the insert. What about if you have IB_Edits on the form and the user
clicks on the update bar to insert a new record. Then the generator is fired
and after canceling the number is lost and a gape occures. What can we do
with this? I?ve read the Jason?s article about auditable series, but the
solution seems not to be too streightforward.

Ales