Subject Re: [IBO] Data Dictionary with Interbase and IBO
Author Helen Borrie
At 08:29 AM 27-11-01 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi,
>does anyone know, if IBObjects with Interbase provide some centralized place
>to store column atributes definitions like DisplayLabel, DisplayWidth,
>EditFormat etc. like for exapmle SQLExplorer and Data Dictionary does?
>
>I know, that I can specify these settings in TIBOQuery for each column, but
>do I need to specify this for each query again and again or can I use some
>"Data Dictionary" ?

Yes, indeed. Enter those properties in the IB_Connection or IBODatabase - property names are the same as in the query, but you need to add table qualifiers, e.g. in FieldsDisplayLabel,

CUSTOMER.CUSNAME=Customer Name

You can even do it for domains if you want. You will need some entries in FieldEntryTypes - look that up in the help for IB_Connection.

Take out the entries in the individual queries, unless you want the query settings to override the global settings.

cheers,
Helen

All for Open and Open for All