Subject Re: [IBO] Migrating BDE/MIDAS applicaiton to IBObjects and MIDAS
Author Ed Malloy
Sean,

Have you considered using IBX?

We do not use MIDAS, but a simple BDE conversvion was painless.

The big difference for me was that all I had to replace was the the database and query componets (& add transactions). I have
found the TDataSet component very smooth and fast.

I would not reject IBX out-of-hand. It is a much easier replacement and if you applications are not extremely complex it may
work well for you too.

regards.

ed