Subject RE: [IBO] IB Basics?
Author Helen Borrie
At 03:00 PM 29-12-00 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi Helen,
>
>Could it be the dialect I am using(3).
>My SQL property is as follows(with no ""):-
> Select * from staffcategory

The point I was making was, if your create statements used quoted
identifiers, then all the identifiers are case-sensitive and, in some
cases, will need to be quoted in the SQL, e.g.

if you did
CREATE TABLE "StaffCategory" (...

then select * from staffcategory won't find the table.

>When I Set the Active property to true, it accepts it??

I can't determine whether you are asking or stating...

>Do I have to specify columns?

Select * gets all the columns. It's preferable (recommended but not
essential) to specify a column list.

Do you realise that you have to set the Connected property of the
IB_Connection to true AT RUN-TIME? and also prepare and open the datasets,
when you want them open?

h.
All for Open and Open for All