Subject RE: [IBO] IB Basics?
Author Dion Oliphant
Hi Helen,

Could it be the dialect I am using(3).
My SQL property is as follows(with no ""):-
Select * from staffcategory

When I Set the Active property to true, it accepts it??

Do I have to specify columns?

Thanks,
Dion

-----Original Message-----
From: Helen Borrie [mailto:helebor@...]
Sent: 29 December 2000 02:36
To: IBObjects@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [IBO] IB Basics?

At 02:17 PM 29-12-00 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I get a plan error! All that I am doing is connecting a ib_query to a
>ib_connection.
>When I double click on the ib_connection component and go to the SQL tab, I
>get the above error.
>When I run the application and open the query, I get an SQL -204 error,
>table unknown?

Did you declare the table with quoted identifiers?
If you did
CREATE TABLE "hEaVeN" ("COL1", "col2", "Col3")

Then your SQL must be

SELECT "COL1", "col2", "Col3"
FROM "hEaVeN"

It makes life a WHOLE lot easier if you don't use quoted identifiers at
all. Only user them if you really MUST (e.g. you are converting from a
different database and you want to keep "illegal" identifier names such as
reserved symbols or column names that contain spaces).

H.
All for Open and Open for All