Subject Re: [IBO] IB and direct access without delphi componants
Author Jason Wharton
IBO won't do you much good but if you have the ability to use explicit
transactions via ODBC then the way you lock a record with InterBase is
simply process a dummy update on it.

UPDATE ATABLE SET ACOL = ACOL WHERE AKey = :AKey;

If someone else has already updated it then you will get a deadlock.
Otherwise, consider it locked until your transaction is finished.

Now, get rid of VB and join the Delphi IBO folks. We have a great time here!
<g>

HTH,
Jason Wharton
CPS - Mesa AZ
http://www.ibobjects.com

----- Original Message -----
From: <jean.clemenceau@...>
To: <IBObjects@egroups.com>
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2000 1:33 AM
Subject: [IBO] IB and direct access without delphi componants

---------------------- Envoyée par Jean Clemenceau/Pontivy/PlasticsDivision
le
17/11/2000 09:33 ---------------------------

Jean Clemenceau
17/11/2000 09:19

hello,
We are new on this e-group , and also just using Interbase release 5.6
loaded
on a PC netware server.
In addition, we do not use Dephi for our developments (sorry), but VB and
another french software called Windev.
For connection with Interbase database, we are using an ODBC driver ,
supplied
by Interbase.

Unfortunately, we loose the benefit of direct access and functionnalities ,
when we would like to lock a record during update.

Is it possible to find a tool, software , or anything else on the community
,
which replace the access thru an odbc ?

We have not completly understood what is IBO , and if IBO may be used
without
delphi or Powerbuilder.
Many thanks to you , for your comments.
regards