Subject Re: [IBO] OrderLinks with multi join
Author Svein Erling Tysvær
You can use their literal numbers rather than the field name, e.g.

select a.desc first_desc, b.desc second_desc from main x
join descriptions a on a.id = x.id1
join descriptions b on b.id = x.id2
order by 2

will order by b.desc. Take a look at Tutorial3 in the BasicTutorials
included with IBO for information about OrderingLinks (there may be some
other tutorials/samples as well, I don't know).

Set