Subject Re[2]: [firebird-tools] FbConfigMgr
Author Helen Borrie
At 10:32 AM 13/07/2003 -0300, you wrote:
>I had the feeling that you guys did not like to publish code in CVS
>before testing it. Anyway, I dont have upload access to FB-CVS tree,
>but I can send the code to someone that has.
>
>The actual code is simple an enhanced/cleaned version of the original
>one ported to CLX so no console interface right now.
>
>Can you explain what is your idea of a Win tool updating the config
>files in a linux server ? I can't imagine how to do that in a
>situation where there are no fisical access (read network access) to
>the config files on the server.

I guess it would have to be done via SMB. Probably not very
practicable. Anyway, it seems to me most people (other than testers) are
on one platform or the other so the need for remote config manager
utilities wouldn't warrant the work.

>Or is there FB API's that can be used
>to handle the config files that I'm missing ?

No, none.

>Anyway, the registry usage is optional, you can force the file to be
>used passing a command line switch.

Unfortunately it's not optional. FbConfigMgr just aborts at startup if it
doesn't find a registry key matching the one that's hard-coded in the
program. (Same as the ServerMgr CPL, which makes it currently unusable as
well)

Helen