Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: FB3 Embedded on Android
Author Jorge Gonçalves
setting the FIREBIRD_LOCK to app/cache  solve the problem.

Now I have get privilege error but this time is a FB error.

FB is working now.

SQL Message : -607
This operation is not defined for system tables.

Engine Code    : 335544351
Engine Message :
unsuccessful metadata update
CREATE TABLE TMP_INSERT_TEST failed
There is no privilege for this operation

Thanks
jGoncalves

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 11:16 PM, hvlad@... [firebird-support] <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

---In firebird-support@yahoogroups. com, <projorge@...> wrote :

> Yes, putting firebird.conf and firebird.msg one folder above gives some progress..

  Good to know. Looks like wrong build configuration, will investigate it

> Can not access lock files directory /data/local/tmp/firebird/

  Usually, firebird creates this folder by itself

> It seems that the user can't access to data/local/tmp
> I can only access to /data/local/tmp  as root

  Seems you found a root of the problem. As a quick workaround you may set
FIREBIRD_LOCK environment variable to the some accessible folder. The
variable should be set before your app start or even by your app but before
first call of Firebird API.

Hope it helps,
Vlad