Subject Re: [firebird-support] Which Firebird ADO.Net client is compatible with Firebird server v2.0.x?
Author Mark Rotteveel
On 12-1-2018 15:11, B?lint Nagy balintn@... [firebird-support]
wrote:
> I need to connect to a Firebird v2.0.3 database from .Net.
>
> I downloaded  the current Firebird ADO.Net provider about two months
> ago, then the current one (5.12.1.0), and implemented all the necessary
> queries for my app.
>
> I the development environment it is quite stable, about 95% of the time
> queries succeed. In a test environment (with a bottom of the line PC
> with weak CPU and disk) queries fail about 60% of the time.
>
> The failing queries are syntactically correct. If I run them from
> IBOConsole, they succeed. Also, the query failures are not consistent:
> the same query succeeds some times and fails some other times.
>
> I suspect there is an incompatibility between the server and the ADO.Net
> provider.
>
> Can someone advise on the client version (?) to use?
>
> Any other ideas I could try?

Please post your question to the Firebird-net-provider mailing list, see
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/firebird-net-provider

And when posting there, please be more specific about the problems (eg
include code and the exception stacktraces).

Mark

PS I hope you are aware that Firebird 2.0 is no longer supported, and
that 2.0.3 is not the latest version of Firebird 2.0 (that is 2.0.7).
--
Mark Rotteveel