|Subject||moving from FB 2.5.1 to 2.5.4|
What are the proper steps to change a database on a server from FB 2.5.1 to 2.5.4 (both 32 bit on Windows 2008 server)
My current plan is:
1. I downloaded 2.5.4 .zip files and unzipped to ...\Firebird\Firebird_2_5_4
2. using instsvc in ...2_5_4 directory, I installed and started a service named FB_254
3. backup database using FB 2.5.1
4. Restore using FB 2.5.4
5. Stop and uninstall both 2.5.1 and 2.5.4 services
6. Rename Firebird_2_5 folder to Firebird_2_5_1 folder
7. Rename Firebird_2_5_4 folder to Firebird_2_5
8. Install and start service from Firebird_2_5 folder
Will this work? Are all of these steps needed? Am I missing anything?
Thank you in advance for any advice.