Subject Re[2]: [firebird-support] Can't access MON$ tables
Author Dmitry Kuzmenko
Hello, Michael!

Monday, May 6, 2013, 12:05:03 AM, you wrote:

MDS> thing is, I downloaded the latest versions of Firebird and FlameRobin last
MDS> night and created a new database. Before I did that I removed an older
MDS> version (2.1, IIRC). Would there have been stuff left behind that tells FB
MDS> what ODS version to use?

mmm, what? ODS is a database file format. Each FB version can create
DB only in it's own format, and can work with existing db's with the
older format.

MDS> There were a couple of the old databases still
MDS> registered to FlameRobin and of course the new version was aware of them.

old database have old ODS. nothing can change it. You may only backup
this db and restore with new FB, but this means that DB will be
created as new, with new format, and data will be moved from backup to
new DB (with the new ODS).

MDS> Anyway, I unregistered the server and the databases, then reregistered the
MDS> server and created a database and now the ODS version is 11.2.

registering/unregistering have nothing to the database file format.

--
Dmitry Kuzmenko, www.ib-aid.com