Subject RE: [firebird-support] Can't access MON$ tables
Author Helen Borrie
At 08:05 a.m. 6/05/2013, Michael D. Spence wrote:
>Ah. FlameRobin shows ODS Version 11, not 11.1 so that explains that. The
>thing is, I downloaded the latest versions of Firebird and FlameRobin last
>night and created a new database. Before I did that I removed an older
>version (2.1, IIRC). Would there have been stuff left behind that tells FB
>what ODS version to use? There were a couple of the old databases still
>registered to FlameRobin and of course the new version was aware of them.

FlameRobin is just a client app. It has its own way of "registering databases" but Firebird itself doesn't "register databases". If v.2.5 was running, it would create databases (and restore backups) as ODS 11.2. In order to read and report the ODS of any database, FR would read the header page of the database via the API, the same as isql or any other client app does.

>Anyway, I unregistered the server and the databases, then reregistered the
>server and created a database and now the ODS version is 11.2.

I suppose you do understand that just opening a database of lower ODS with a higher server version doesn't change it to the higher ODS.

Helen Borrie, Support Consultant, IBPhoenix (Pacific) Author of "The
Firebird Book" and "The Firebird Book Second Edition"
http://www.firebird-books.net