Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: FB database in RAM
Author Hannes Streicher
Guten Tag Lester Caine,

am Freitag, 5. August 2011 um 10:50 schrieben Sie:

> A thought just popped up ... with some fairly simple replication, the 'active'
> database might be able to 'insert' into the read only? If we are only adding to
> the end of a list controlled by a generator sourced ID then the indexes should
> just 'insert' at the end? But of cause I'm forgetting that we need to update

there is no "Insert to the end of an Index" Index will be rebalanced every now and
then upon an insert/update/delete which can will likely produce a lot of writes

wenn looking at SSDs look at the Manufacturers Specification for TBW
"Terra Bytes Written" that should give a way to compare the different Modells
and select the one best suited , if any

--
Mit freundlichen GrĂ¼ssen
Hannes Streicher mailto:HStreicher@...