Subject Re: Firebird Database in the Cloud
Author mariuz
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <ra8009@...> wrote:

> I have a small Firebird database that I'd like to host in the cloud. Paying for a dedicated service seems like overkill. What's the most inexpensive way to get my FB database cloud hosted?

The best way is to buy a virtual server with linux (cheaper and more secure)
I give only as example
http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produkte_vserver/vq7
Then you can choose for example ubuntu 10.10 as server
Install Firebird 2.5 , apache, php (FLAPs)

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Firebird2.5

I didn't included in the guide howto secure the ports but it can be done easily

bonus you got the full control on your own server and install watever extensions you need (gd,magick) or you can experiment with django , rails , lua ...