Subject RE: [firebird-support] Read-Only View
Author Peter Gore
Thanks for your input so far. But my point is that, according to the
Firebird Book (my bible) states on page 493, that a view will be
read-only if its SELECT statement has any of the following
characteristics:

* Specifies a row quantifier other than ALL ....
* Contains fields defined by subqueries or other expressions
* Contains Fields defined by aggregating functions....
* Includes UNION ....
* Joins multiple tables
* Does not include all NOT NULL columns from....
* Selects from a non-updateable view.

My query has none of the above characteristics so I would expect it to
be naturally updateable. I therefore assume this is a bug (which I have
already entered into the tracker)

regards

Peter Gore

Intel Systems Manager