Subject Re: [firebird-support] Serial number in a query result
Author Thomas Steinmaurer

>>> This is exactly what I want.
>> Needless to say, if the generator/sequence is used by multiple users,
>> then this isn't safe.
>>

> And also, it will exhaust after 32000 queries am i right (if a new
> sequence is used every time)?

I hope you won't create a mass of generators for that purpose?

A sequence/generator returns a 64-bit integer, so you won't run out of
generator values in your life-time-. ;-)

--
With regards,

Thomas Steinmaurer
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
http://blog.upscene.com/thomas/

Download LogManager Series, FB TraceManager today!
Continuous Database Monitoring Solutions supporting
Firebird, InterBase, Advantage Database, MS SQL Server
and NexusDB!