Subject Re: [firebird-support] Data of multiple years and opening stocks & balances
Author Venus Software Operations
On 04/03/2011 03:07, Milan Babuskov wrote:

> You can define a VIEW (or a stored procedure) that calculates the values
> dynamically. One day, if data gets to big, you can rename the
> view/procedure, create table using the same name and fill it in
> initially using insert...select. This way you don't have to change the
> application code. I had something like that in one of my databases,
> here's an example:

Thanks a lot Milan for this idea.

I am happy to go the View way too, if you can tell me how a view works,
does it calculate once and update itself occasionally if the data it is
dependent on changes. Or is it as same as running a SP or doing SQL-PT
from the application, calculated everytime it is accessed, just more
convenient.

Thanks and regards
Bhavbhuti