Subject RE: [firebird-support] Re: firebird database base crashing windows server
Author Bob Acheson
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
From: alan@...
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 16:53:13 +1100
Subject: RE: [firebird-support] Re: firebird database base crashing windows server

> No, I had NOD32 on it but about 3 months ago I reformatted the server and
did not install it back on.

> But some of the machines connecting to it are running NOD32 and other ones
are running AVG. I also had AVG on the
> server but it picked up that a lot of the vetlink files were viruses and I
uninstalled it. I check for viruses and
> spyware all the time. There's bit-defender on it now. I am going to one AV
when the licences are up in Mar/Apr.

> Bob

I don't know if this vetlink thing needs port 3050 or some other port. Make
sure the port it needs is open on both server and clients' firewalls/AV
setups. The clients may need other ports if the system uses events. Again,
you're best contactng vetlink for more information before we can help much
more than this.

I there a reason for not contacting them?

Alan

I have contacted them. They keep saying it's a network issue.

My issue is that if the network connection drops, cool about put 1 error window up, but on this server, it just keeps putting up windows til the server crashes, even though the server reconnected within 1/2 second. Does Firebird do that normally... Also I think they are using FB version 1.5 .

Bob