Subject Re: [firebird-support] Data Lost...
Author Helen Borrie
At 04:20 AM 14/11/2009, you wrote:
>Hey all,
>
>I have a client using a tablet application I developed. We are using FB 1.5.5, developing with Delphi 7, using IBO 4.6.A, and the app is running on Windows XP Tablet Edition. The client entered data into the system all day and at the end of the day the tablet PC ran out of battery and shutdown(it didn't run through the shutdown process it just turned off). When he turned the tablet PC back on, all of the data he had entered that day was gone.

[snip]

>Does anyone have any experience with data loss due to a PC turning off unexpectedly?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331958

i.e., if the WinXP Tablet Edition service pack level is SP1 then you could be looking at an effect related to this bug:

"The ATAPI driver for Windows XP Service Pack 1 (SP1) does not use 48-bit Logical Block Addressing (LBA) when it writes memory dump files or hibernation files. Additionally, the flush cache command is not issued to a large hard disk that has 48-bit LBA enabled when Windows XP enters standby or hibernation."

./heLen