Subject Re: [firebird-support] Data Lost...
Author Daniel Rail
Hi,

At November-13-09, 1:20 PM, gsndelphicoder wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience with data loss due to a PC turning off unexpectedly?

> This is kinda freaking me out. I don't want to lose this client
> and need to get to the bottom of this. He has be using this system
> for months with no problems until the PC turned itself off yesterday.

What version of Firebird is being used?
Classic, SuperServer or Embedded?
What is the Forced Writes setting for the database?

I suspect Forced Writes is off, which means the file will be written
to disk, by Windows, when Firebird closes the database and released
the file handle.

--
Best regards,
Daniel Rail