Subject Re: [firebird-support] FB on Web Server
Author Marius Labuschagne
Hi Lee,

We have a Dedicated Server on the Internet serving our multi-branch
Retail Clients, using Firebird for the last 4 years.

It is not a normal web site per se, but rather a web site thats
available exposing Web Services to the Clients.

The site is responsible for sending and receiving information
from/to/between the head office environment and the operational branches
(Sales Info, Stock Data, IBT's, Promotions, Accounting Journals, etc).
The site handles in excess of 100 thousand transactions on a daily basis
from the different Clients without any problems. I am sure that this
wont be deemed a high volume site, but in terms of Firebird, it is
coping comfortably(no problems) with this kind of volume.

The focus area for us initially was to find
- The proper hosting environment, with sufficient bandwidth into the
internet, and 5 9's up time
- Making sure the Server we deployed was up to the task (RAM, Disk
Space, Processing Power) (We are running normal Super Server 2.1)

Regards
Marius