Subject Re: [firebird-support] What do YOU use for secure connections to the DB?
Author Kurt Federspiel
OpenSSH has worked for us. A few clients don't like it because it is a source of (hacking) contention, but we've had no issues on sites it is running.

Kurt.
Never underestimate the Power of Denial.

________________________________
From: Zd <toldy007@...>
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2008 12:17:55 AM
Subject: [firebird-support] What do YOU use for secure connections to the DB?

Hi!

I'd like to ask what you use to make a secure connection (tunnel) to your database. Connecting over the Internet is a major security issue, and the only documentation I found is the outdated "Firebird w. Zebedee" one on IBPhoenix. But since Zebedee is not updated anymore, I'm sure many of you have come up with other solutions instead.

Some solutions have been suggested in my previous thread already (OpenVPN, OpenSSH for example) but this time, I'd just like to know what the majority uses so I can choose the best and easiest solution.

Thanks,
Zd