Subject Re: [firebird-support] Consistency Check When Backing Up
Author Helen Borrie
At 02:09 PM 13/01/2009, you wrote:
>Hi, Helen.
>
>I ran gfix and a was able to access the DB, but the schema was pretty messed up and a fair amount of data was lost; table lost columns, and the data for those columns was missing.
>
>I had a corruption on this machine (again), and the culprit was security.db; the DB daemon came to a halt. Since the security.db is not massaged through RAM on a backup, would you go out on a limb and say this is a disk issue, or is there something I am completely missing?

Out on a limb, Kurt? In your shoes, I would have ordered in the new HDD last Friday by express courier and would have spent the weekend coaxing my data onto it, no expense spared. (I did exactly the same myself one week before!)

And keep watching the situation closely, in case it is the RAM all along.

./hb