Subject Re: [firebird-support] UDF Writing On Ubuntu
Author Milan Babuskov
R. S. Patil wrote:
>> Now, regarding your problem: Do you use RestrictUDF setting in
>> firebird.conf and how is it set? What does the DECLARE EXTERNAL FUNCTION
>> for F_CDOWLONG look likt?
>
> Restrict UDF was commented i removed the # and restarted FB server.
>
> DECLARE EXTERNAL FUNCTION F_CDOWLONG
> TIMESTAMP
> RETURNS CSTRING(16) FREE_IT
> ENTRY_POINT 'cdowlong' MODULE_NAME 'FreeAdhocUDF';

I remembered some common problems now. Is the UDF file named
'FreeAdhocUDF', or maybe 'freeadhocudf'? Most Linux file systems are
case-sensitive, so this might be your problem.

Also, check the privileges on the file (user account under which
Firebird runs needs to have access to the file).

I assume entry point is ok, but you should check for case-sensitiveness
of that one as well. You can check what are the function names in .so
file by using 'objdump -T' or a similar command.

--
Milan Babuskov
http://www.flamerobin.org