Subject RE: [***SPAM*** Score/Req: 5.4/4.0] RE: [firebird-support] GBAK Backup Size
Author Andrew Stuart
Thank you for the very in-depth run thru.. as you may have noticed im a
complete 'noob' to firebird and any enterprise level databases.

I Was only stating the file extensions due to the previous post on the
list about it to me....

And looking at it it only affects XP with system restore on, where as we
are running win2k3

I did show database, there is only one file.

I do a restore to a secondary db server every few hours, and the sizes
remain the same.

A 3.5GB Backup file is copied over to it, and then restored using GBak,
this comes to a file of 1.5GB for the DB.

I also did a shutdown restart of the secondary server, with no change in
db file size.

I'm currently running a restore to a totally new database to see what
the outcome is.

I tried the multiply page size by number of db pages allocated and got a
figure very similar to the current size shown in explorer