Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Database works fine but phsical storage file is not exist. How ?
Author Fidel Viegas
On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 11:49 AM, omurolmez <oolmez@...> wrote:

> But now, I want to see what happen when I just use 'localhost:'. I
> searched whole disk for a file 'abc.*'. I found nothing. I also
> checked server's bin current path, install path, OS temp path. I
> found nothing.

Did you recreate the database as Helen suggested? Or you are still
looking for the same database you created previously? If you are
searching for the previous database, then you shouldn't search with
'abc.*', but 'abc*' or just 'abc' and windows should find that for
you.

> We decided to port our db to firebird. I try to learn something
> about it. And this strange situation was scary beginning for me.

Hum... did you read the Quick Start Guide? That's a good starting point.

Fidel.