Subject Re: [firebird-support] Ghost image backups
Author Woody
From: "Leyne, Sean" <Sean@...>

> There is, however, no explicit VSS support within the engine -- part of
> the problem is that VSS functionality would require a true "server
> manager" to track the active/open databases and to provide the hooks
> necessary for a VSS Provider -- which would use the nbackup snapshot
> feature.
>
> The NBackup feature can be used in combination with VSS to provide the
> appropriate functionality, through a batch file to 'idle' the database
> IO operations. But since you are not using v2.x, you are out of luck.

That's about what I thought. Let me ask you a question about that, though.
They do a backup every 15 minutes according to the tech. Would that be too
much to worry about even if I upgraded to be able to use NBackup
functionality? Would I be better off, say, doing my thing every hour or so
to at least give them as small a lose of data as possible?

Woody (TMW)