Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: As a service in windows98, please, help a student
Author Bogusław Brandys
federonline wrote:

> I think Anderson is correct here; nothing survives the logoff except
> the login process. There is no "service" application.
>
> The only way I remember around this (and it goes back 6-8 years now)
> is to have the Win98 PC dedicated to your process, have it log in as a
> specific user (two more registry entries), lock the workstation
> immediately (I forget how to do this) and start your processes from
> HKLM...
>
> To use a service, unless you can move to Win2K or newer, I believe you
> are out of luck.
>
> Kurt.

Ok, guys, to shut this thread , this is the solution :
here : http://www.answers.com/topic/registerserviceprocess?cat=technology

and here (for Delphi):
http://www.delphi3000.com/articles/article_783.asp?SK=

Warning: This is unportable and may convert your application into riskware.

I used to use this function in old years (not in any bad programs, just
to prevent users from disturbing some diagnostic programs running from
remote call) - on win98 there is no terminal services ;-) , also with
connection to RunServices registry key.

I think we could stop this discussion here.

Boguslaw