Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Multithreaded Database
Author Ann W. Harrison
Iwan Cahyadi Sugeng wrote:
> I Mean i wish that fb could handle multiple query without impacting
> each other, if one does heavy query, won't affect the other query,

Right, and I wish I could do several things at once without making
a mess of all of them. Firebird SuperServer currently runs one
thread at a time, but switches between threads at regular intervals
so no one thread monopolizes the processor. That's a good model for
single cpu machines without hyper threading. Multi-processors can
run threads in parallel (up to a point) and work better with the
Firebird Classic server. With classic, one processor can be chewing
away on a heavy query while other processors handle other queries
from other connections. There's still some coordination required.

Regards,

Ann