Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Multithreaded Database
Author Iwan Cahyadi Sugeng
On 9/12/07, Helen Borrie <helebor@...> wrote:

> > Regrets, but this is not a Delphi forum.
Sorry

> Try this site: it will answer all your basic n-tier questions and much more!
> http://www.matlus.com/
Thx, i'll try to look at it

> Treat your database "newbie" issues as one set of skills you need to
> develop. This support list will help. It seems you are asking this
> because you don't understand transactions. All database operations
> in Firebird occur inside transactions. Each transaction is isolated
> from all other transactions. The way a transaction is configured
> determines whether or not its requests will block (or be blocked
> by) other transactions. It's a big and important area of
> understanding for working with client/server database services like
> Firebird, Oracle, PostGreSQL, etc.
>
> Treat your newness with developing n-tier application architectures
> as another, quite separate, but off-topic for this list. Roman, who
> kindly responded to your previous question, administers a very lively
> list for Java programmers using his Jaybird driver to connect their
> Java programs to Firebird. There are other lists around for other
> programming languages - see http://firebirdsql.org/index.php?op=lists
>
> A well-thought-out n-tier system is quite neutral about which
> database servers it connects to...but this side of your
> knowledge-building needs to be developed outside of this support list.

I know about the n-tier framework, and i understand how to use it, and
i will ask on other resource, but it's only about the threading model
to a database that i wish to ask. I think it relate to firebird
capability that i need to know, how firebird handle threading. The
first thread of this topic, i'm asking about how the threading model.
But later on, i'm asking about how to do a work around the firebird
threading model limitation for what i need on my application. Well
that one maybe off topic.

Oke, thank you for all who respon to my thread, i will look more on
other resource

Iwan Cahyadi Sugeng