Subject FW: [firebird-support] FDB 2.0.1 instsvc.exe r batch problem...
Author Yusuf Celik
Hi,
Any news from this undocumented feature?

Thanks in advance
Yusuf Celik

________________________________

From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Yusuf Celik
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2007 11:04 AM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [firebird-support] FDB 2.0.1 instsvc.exe r batch problem...

Hi,
Is this a bug or may be I am doing something wrong.
I use windows batch files to switch between Firebird versions.
And in the batch file I check ERRORLEVEL such as
a.bat
instsvc.exe r
if ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO fail
instreg.exe r
if ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO fail

..
..
:fail
echo Problem...

In the above example even though it removes the firebird from the
Windows service list still returns ERRORLEVEL 1.
So it doesn't clean the registery.
But OTOH, Firebird 1.5.4 works as expected.

With kindest regards
Yusuf Celik