Subject Connect from PDA to Firebird Server
Author m_fuger
I'm moving my question to this group because I was asked to.
Here are the posts for my question (last paragraph)

--- In Firebird-general@yahoogroups.com, "Jiri Cincura"
<diskuze@...> wrote:

> On 8/31/07, m_fuger <m_fuger@...> wrote:
>> I want to write an application for PDA (>Windows Moblie 5 running
on
>> an ARM system) that connects to a firebird database via WLAN.
The
>> question is: Are there any libraries for these systems (programming
>> language does not care) that can solve this problem?
>>
>> If there is no "simple" solution, has anybody already written
an
>> application that can solve this issue (connect with >WM5 via
WLAN to
>> an Firebird Server)?
>
> You can use .NET and Firebird ADO.NET provider. Works nice. I've
> written some small apps. with this.
>
> PS: This isn't best list for asking. Better use support list.
>
> --
> Jiri {x2} Cincura (Microsoft Student Partner)
> http://blog.vyvojar.cz/jirka/ | http://www.ID3renamer.com

Thanks for the quick response, but when I read your post on your
blog
about FB embedded there i read in the section about limitations,
that
you can just connect via local protocol.
Does this mean, that the embedded server just allow these
connections, or that the FirebirdClient.dll can't establish a
connection via TCP/IP?

P.S.: I just wrote this answere to this list, any additional
questions will be posted in the support list :)