Subject RE: [firebird-support] Re: FirebirdFAQ.org website is launched
Author Leyne, Sean
> --- Leyne, Sean wrote:
> > I should point out that there is nothing which would prevent the
> > Firebird Project or Foundation from having paid ads on the web
> > site/pages and then using the revenue for whatever purpose it wanted
> > (including paying for the maintenance of the web site, FAQ, Wiki and
> > documentation...).
>
> I have a very simple proposition:

> We get to keep the revenue, and project gets a well maintained FAQ
> database. Opinions?

First,

This is not the right venue for this to be discussed as it is way
off-topic for the support list.

At the same time, I'm not sure if this should be taken up with the
Project Admins or with the Firebird Foundation, since the subject cross
many areas (web site vs. funding...).

Further, as I see it, there are a number of issues to your proposal,
starting with the obvious that the site promotes to non-FB project web
links. There are others, but they are for another discussion.

Sean