Subject Re: help with error: Request depth exceeded. (Recursive definition?)
Author unclejung
Is it possible a missing udf dll is the culprit?

I notice yesterday that I forgot to copy one of our udf dll to
firebird 2.01 udf directory when I did the upgrade. So I did it and
restart the server. It hasn't crashed since which was unusual.

To recap, after upgrading from 1.52 to 2.01 under Windows 2000, the
database would ran for a few hours, then start throwing errors that
reads something like:

"Undefined system object...Request depth exceeded. (Recursive
definition?)"

Once the database was in that state, it got worse as in the beginning
I could ran certain stored procedures and not other without getting
the above error, and then gradually I wouldn't be able to run any of
them at all. However I can connect to another identical database on
the same server and run any stored procedure I wanted without error.

- Jung

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "unclejung" <jungv@...> wrote:

> So far I haven't found any operation that could have resulted in an
> endless loop.
>
> But I found an interesting clue about the error state: when it
> happened, calling a simple select stored procedure in that database
> will return the error, but calling that same procedure for a copy of
> that database on the same server worked. So, the problem seemed to be
> local to the database, not the server.
>
> - Jung
>
> --- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "unclejung" <jungv@> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, I am aware of the transaction gap problem, having dealt with it
> > since Interbase 4 day. I am narrowing down the cause, but it will take
> > a little while to find the culprit, as I don't have direct control
> > over all the apps that access this database.
> >
> > Thanks for your suggestions regarding trigger as a cause for infinite
> > loop that kill resources. I will look into that.
> >
> > Our Firebird 1.52 server has been crashing daily and I couldn't
> > pinpoint the cause. The problem seemed to have a different outcome
> > after upgrading to 2.01. We have other Firebird servers (1.52 and
> > 2.01) that have been absolutely reliable, so I am pretty sure we can
> > figure this out eventually.
> >
> > Thanks for your suggestions.
> >
> > - Jung
> >
> > --- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@>