Subject Re: FB 2.0.1 CpuAffinity
Author technisoft2005
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Svein Erling Tysvær
<svein.erling.tysvaer@...> wrote:

> > --- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "technisoft2005" wrote:

> > I have concluded that the customers problem is a major hardware
or
> > software problem orginating somehwere else as certain operations
on my
> > 2Ghz notebook run about 10 times faster than on his 3.2Ghz
machine with
> > otherwise similar specs. Hyperthreading is also disabled in the
BIOS.

> Hi Peter!
>
> The speed difference between your notebook and his server could be
due to different PLANs (just prepare statements to compare) or one or
more long running transactions (check the statistics and see if next
transaction is close to oldest (active) transaction). Transferring
over a network could of course also be a bottleneck.

> Just to name a few possibilities if you haven't checked them
already.

Thank you Set. The gap was rather large but doing the necessary
things to reduce the gap, I received no comments from the customer. I
interpret this as the speed increase being too small to be noticeable.

Peter
Technisoft