Subject Re: [firebird-support] Tie X.509 certificate to username
Author Koen Vermeer
On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 08:19 +0200, Nols Smit wrote:
> Referring to aticle:
> http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1161533681:8791&page=ibp_native_external
> Just an idea (I also need a sollution for this kind of problem):
> What about using an external function (one you create yourself) on the
> server to validate the certificate. Perhaps one can use the SOAP
> protocol for this purpose?

I think I understand where you're heading, but I'm afraid implementing
it is a bit over my head for now. At this stage, I'm just looking for
the right database to meet my requirements, so I'm not up to extending a
database with custom stuff right now.

However, if you get such a solution to work in the near future, please
let me know!

Koen