Subject Re: SELECT FAILURE
Author dr_john_mp
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Lucas Franzen <luc@...> wrote:

> Why do you use this syntax mixture:
>
> SELECT QUANTITY, M.COMMENT, P.DESCRIPTION1, M.PROGRESS
> ORDER BY MDATE, M.CONTRACT ASCENDING
>
> of qualified (M.COMMENT) and unqualified (QUANTITY) field names???
>
> What happens if you change the where-clause to
> AND ( M.PROGRESS BETWEEN 1 AND 4 )
>
> ?
>
> Luc.

Thanks for the response.

you will note that one of the other responses point out that it's a
known bug

The mix of qualified and unqualified field names is because it is only
essential to qualify names where there is a potential confusion (ie
field with the same name in more than one table), though I accept its
better to qualify all names where more than one table is included in a
select.