Subject Re: cannot create new Firebird DB
Author bodhitree2
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Milan Babuskov <milanb@...>
wrote:

> bodhitree2 wrote:
> > Use CONNECT or CREATE DATABASE to specify a database
> > SQL> create database '/home/andy/stringsDB/external/lib/fdb/test.fdb'
> > user 'sysdba' password 'password';
> > Statement failed, SQLCODE = -902
> >
> > operating system directive open failed
> > -Permission denied
>
> Can you please try this:
>
> $ isql -user sysdba -pass password
> SQL> create database
> SQL> 'localhost:/home/andy/stringsDB/external/lib/fdb/test.fdb';
> SQL>
>

> --
> Milan Babuskov
> http://fbexport.sourceforge.net

Hi Milan,

I had tried adding the localhost bit, to the same result....

isql -u sysdba -p password
Use CONNECT or CREATE DATABASE to specify a database
SQL> create database
'localhost:/home/andy/stringsDB/external/lib/fdb/test.rdb';
Statement failed, SQLCODE = -902

I/O error for file "/home/andy/stringsDB/external/lib/fdb/test.rdb"
-Error while trying to create file
-Permission denied

... And Now I can't connect to databases that were available to me...

SQL> connect '/home/andy/stringsDB/INI-DB.FDB';
Statement failed, SQLCODE = -902

I/O error for file "/home/andy/stringsDB/INI-DB.FDB"
-Error while trying to open file
-Permission denied
SQL>

... Not sure how/what I'm doing but I seem to be making my situation
worse.

Andy