Subject Re: FB on a SMP Linux box
Author Marius popa
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Kendall Sears <krsears@...>
wrote:

> I have to agree. Ubuntu is a fine end-user distribution, but RHEL
is a
> much more capable Server Distribution.

ubuntu server edition rocks
http://www.ubuntu.com/products/WhatIsUbuntu/serveredition
on our servers (at http://reea.net)
we also use debian stable on some of them

Nice thing about ubuntu server is long term support and easy
upgrade from one version to the next
Also for big iron (64G of ram , 32 cpu ...) there is big iron kernel
so please don't compare ubuntu desktop with ubuntu server edition
We also use centos instead of redhat wherever that is needed
ps: you can test all of them in an vmware machine (with vmware
server) or if you like :xen , qemu , virtualbox