Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: aliases.conf not read?
Author Helen Borrie
At 07:13 AM 28/06/2007, you wrote:
>Mmmm, it seems that you need to add 'localhost' as in
>"localhost:mydb.fdb" instead of "mydb.fdb"
>
>Is this recently changed? Since on my old server "mydb.fdb" is sufficient

No change. If you were able to make a direct local connection on
your old server then it must have been Classic architecture. If you
are now using Superserver....on non-windows platforms, you can't make
a direct local connection to a database through SS (and this hasn't
changed). With SS you have to go the local loopback server route (or
full TCP/IP using nodename or IP address, if configured). It's all documented!

If you are using SS, make sure your local client so link is pointing
to libfbclient.so, not libfbembed.so. You can connect to Classic
through either client (needing a network path for libfbclient.so,
natch). You can use libfbembed.so as a pure client to a remote
database under SS, but you can't make a direct connect to SS through
libfbembed.so at all.

./heLen