Subject Re: Migrating from IB5.6 to Firebird
Author amoradell
Falko,

Yes, it's safe to backup ib56 databases with fb15 and after restore
them with fb15.

I have done it with several hundred and it works fine.
I stay with the same dialect (1).

To reuse a database with ib56 from fb15, you have to use the old gbak
with fb15 running and restore with this old gbak with ib56 running.
ib56 cant open an ods 10 database.

For the installation, try with a pc with ib56 installed because
firebird setup watches registry entry from interbase and stop if it
finds one.
we had to desinstall interbase or "hide" registry entry.

Alexandre

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "bausufm" <bausufm@...>