Subject Re: Newbie database structure (Maybe OT!)
Author federonline
Hi.

Your question is not a Firebird support issue, but I'd be happy to
take it off-line.

You are asking questions about the underlying schema, which means I
likely need more information. I have the following advice, though.
If you have an Activity Table, it should represent all of the common
elements of an activity (i.e. calories per hour burned, equipment
needed, attire, etc). If there is nothing UNIQUE about each activity,
I'd suggest adding an auto-incrementing key, which means adding a
Stored Procedure (in FB) to do the auto-incrementing.

Lastly, duration is not necessarily an element of the Activity, but an
element of the person DOING the activity (as is pulse rate). You will
likely need to create a table for those, too.

I'd be happy to take this off-line so as not to SPAM the rest of the
group. If anyone is interested, it might make a nice DB-101 course to
add to the sight documentation.

Regards.
Kurt.
federonline@...