Subject Re: Best way to access Firebird from Delphi 7
Author federonline
Greets:

I use use BDS, specifically C++ Builder and I like the native drivers.

However, I spent a LOT of time writing a namespace and objects that
are portable to LINUX. If I had known at the time, I would have used
something like www.IBPP.org. I have no relationship with them at all;
I find their tool very helpful for other things (simple queries where
I don't need a huge object). I believe I could (re)build my namespace
with their toolkit quite easily.

Others have mentioned ADO, BDE, ODBC, etc. I found I get almost an
order of magnitude better performance by not adding API/Interface
layers to each query. I am in an environment where performance is a
serious issue and specifically would NOT recommend ADO & BDE for that
reason.

HTH.
Kurt.