Subject Re: Can't see firebird driver in odbc
Author Scott Moon
My entries have escaped backslashes because I pasted the contents from
a registry export. You are also using a newer version of the ODBC
driver. Assuming you copied the values directly from the registry
editor, your entries looks fine.

To the best of my knowledge, as long as there is an entry in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI for a particular driver,
it should show up on the Drivers tab of the ODBC Control Panel, and in
the list of drivers available for creating a new DSN, assuming you
have sufficient privileges to do so.

Maybe I'm missing something in your setup, or maybe it was installed
with different privileges?

Scott