Subject Re: FBv1.53 customer moved to Win2003 server = big slowdown
Author Adam
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Mercea Paul"
<paul.mercea@...> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Sometimes could appear slow performance if Firebird was installed
via remote
> desktop.
>
> Installation should be made directly on server, not from remote
(citrix, vnc
> or remote desktop).

Paul,

Unless you are talking about something different to my thinking, it is
contrary to my experience. We have rolled out 1000 sites in the past
12 months, every one over terminal services, mostly 2003 server,
occasionally citrix, occasionally 2000 server.

The only time I have seen it slow was when a techo thought he would be
clever and attempt to host 20 sessions on an old server with 512MB RAM.

Adam