Subject Re: [firebird-support] fb 2.0 to fb 1.5.4
Author Helen Borrie
At 09:21 PM 10/02/2007, you wrote:
>hi.. we are trying to move back our production database from fb 2.0 to
>fb 1.5.4, pls help is it possible to this ?

If you have not used any new Firebird 2.0 features in the database
then yes. Otherwise, no, the data itself is potentially incompatible
and stored procedures and triggers using new features won't work.

But, assuming it has been kept compatible, yes, you can. Here's how:

1. In the root/bin directory of your Firebird 2.0 installation,
rename gbak (or gbak.exe) to some other name.

2. Copy the gbak (or gbak.exe) from Firebird 1.5.x into the root/bin
directory of your Firebird 2.0 installation.

3. Make sure the Firebird 2.0 server is running and make a
-transportable backup as usual, using the v.1.5 gbak executable.

Now you should have a gbak backup that you can restore under a v.1.5.x server.

(Don't forget to reinstate the proper gbak executable if you are
going to keep your Fb 2.0 installation on board.)

./heLen