Subject Re: [firebird-support] Repeat Until construct?
Author Helen Borrie
At 03:22 AM 20/11/2007, you wrote:
>I don't see a way in PSQL to have a looping construct that checks the
>conditon after the code executes vs a WHILE loop. Does such a thing
>exist that I've missed?

Yes - "repeat until" *is* a WHILE loop. Declare a local variable, e.g. a counter, or a number or string that gets updated inside the loop if it's data values that you want to predicate on. Initialise the variable before starting the WHILE and make the variable's value (or NOT value) the condition of the WHILE. Then you have "repeat until". :-)

./heLen