Subject Re: [firebird-support] Missing libraries in 2.0.3
Author Helen Borrie
At 01:36 AM 12/11/2007, you wrote:
>The libfbembed.so.2.0.3 file and irs related links libfbembed.so and
>libfbembed.so.2 appear to be missing from the
>FirebirdSS-2.0.3.12981-1.nptl.i686.tar.gz download file (I haven't
>checked any of the other downloads) The version 2.01 download had the
>libraries.

If you had libfbembed.so and its symlinks with 2.01 then you must have been using Classic.

>This makes it impossible to use the interbase.so extension to PHP.

Superserver doesn't use libfbembed.so and does not support an embedded model. If you want to implement the embedded model, use Classic.

As a reality check you could also inquire on the Firebird-php list as to whether the interbase.so extension will work with the remote client (libfbclient.so) with appropriate symlinking. The API is identical across all firebird client library models...

./heLen